We value your privacy!
ReDecorate Your Home List
Here is a way to re-new the look of a room without spending a fortune. It is called "Re-Design” or “Re-Decorate” This involves using items in other rooms to achieve the maximum design of a room.
Follow this list to make this project fun and exciting.
1. Re-Create. Look around the room and see what you like and dislike about the way it is decorated. Make a written list of the problems and the things you like. This list will help you get through the other phases of this project with ease.
2. Re-Inspire. If you are not sure what you want to do it may be a good idea to look through some decorating magazines and books. This will help give you some inspiration. Use the local library so you don't have to go out and purchase anything. Take along a pad to make notes.
3. Re-Paint. Painting is probably the most important part of a room's décor. It creates the room's environment. A coat of paint can also change the look of a room and make it look fresh and new. And; painting is not very expensive.
4. Re-Move. Remove any objects that you feel detract from the look of the room. Put these items aside for now because you may want to bring some of them back once you have completed the make over.
5. Re-Light. Lighting can make a room look great of dull and boring. Be sure to use bight lights when painting and making changes. Lighting will make a difference on how the room will be viewed and can also make colors look dull. Be sure the light is bright enough and add dimmers to the switches so you will be able to create a soft and cozy environment. You may also want to consider energy efficient light bulbs.
6. Re-Arrange. The best way to re-design a room is to remove all the items in it and bring them back one at a time. Of course; you don't have to remove very large objects unless you have someone that is able to move them. When you bring the items back you will want to put them in a different location to see if it will make a difference. This is the time to experiment. Bring the items back one at a time.
7. Re-Cycle. Don't buy new…re-cycle your furniture. If your furniture looks worn you can use slipcovers. Today there is a wide range of fabrics available. Scratched or worn wood can be re-finished at a price that is less than the cost of new. Simply adding throw pillows to a boring sofa can make a big difference.
8. Re-Sale. If you must get rid of furniture and accessories sell them in a garage sale. This will get you a little money to add to the new items. Or; donate the items to charity. And; if you must buy new do it during sales to save money. Be a savvy shopper.
Whatever you decide to do - you should make it fun and exciting. And; you might want to consider asking other's in your home for their opinions and help. Especially when moving furniture.
Home Design & Decorating Tips & Tricks
Search for our best in home design
At Home Design Sense we value your privacy and do not share our information with anyone .
Copyright 2006-2009 Homedesignsense.com